|4-6||strips of thick bacon, sliced into 1/4 inch strips|
|1 cup||leeks, white and light green parts, thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup||celery, finely chopped|
|8 oz||chanterelles, roughly chopped|
|1 tsp||fresh thyme|
|1 tbsp||flour (optional)|
|3/4 cup||dry white wine|
|4 cups||chicken stock|
|1 tsp||sea salt|
|1/4 tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|1/4 tsp||cayenne pepper|
|1 lb||baby yukon gold potatoes, cut in half|
|1 tbsp||raw honey|
|1 tbsp||fresh squeezed lemon juice|
- In a large, dutch oven, cast-iron, or soup pot, over medium heat, fry the bacon pieces until slightly crispy. Add the butter, leeks and celery. Sauté the leek mixture for 5-7 minutes until the leeks and celery begin to soften.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and add the chanterelles, thyme and bay leaf. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, until the mushrooms begin to darken around the edges.
- Add the flour and stir to incorporate. Sauté with flour for 1 minutes longer.
- Deglaze the bottom of the pan, by slowly pouring the white wine in and scraping the bottom of the pot. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until the wine reduces by half.
- Add the chicken stock, potatoes, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne. Bring to a boil. As soon as the stock begins to boil, turn heat back down and simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the cream and raw honey. Heat through.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and adjust seasoning to your liking.