By April Rose Barton
Anyone who knows me or follows my posts on social media understands my love for the outdoors. I love it all from hunting, fishing, camping, running, or simply to relax. However, in February 2015, one of my biggest fears became reality. I was diagnosed with stage 1B Melanoma. I underwent surgery to remove the cancer as well as a lymph node biopsy. Thankfully it had not spread and I am left with a large scar on my shoulder that saved my life.
A big change was ahead of me. I used to love to get a tan. Now sunscreen has become my new best friend! There are many to choose from. It is important to know your options and pick one that best suits your application. I have put together a list of some of my favorites.
- – I love this one because it is waterproof. I put it on myself and my daughter when we swim.
- Dead Down Wind 3-IN-1 Stick SPF 30 – This is the one to use if you are needing scent free protection while hunting.
- Fake Bake Sol Survivor SPF 30 – Sprays on easy and is not sticky
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist SPF 70 – A little pricey but it is waterproof and not at all sticky
- SPF 70 – I take this everywhere! Fits easily in my purse or my turkey vest so I can reapply out in the field!