- 1 ¼ cups of all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of shortening
- ¼ cup of water
- 5 tart green apples (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 5 teaspoons of all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup of all purpose flour
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of cold butter
- Mix flour and salt in a large bowl. Add shortening until crumbly. Slowly add water. Mix together until you can form it into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out pie crust to fit into a 9in pie pan. Transfer into pie pan. Trim pie crust to fit around the edges of the pan.
- Add apples into pie crust. Combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon then sprinkle over apples.
- Combine flour and sugar in large bowl. Add butter in until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over top.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 50-60 minutes or until golden brown.